Since I had finished the entire backend part of the feature in this week my plan was to test out the functions and write unit tests, include them in the pull request and then get on to design the UI with a wireframe, so that I can get some feedback before moving into development blindly.
For the first task I had to manually test out the function first, and then mimic the usage inside a unit test. So first I had to make a DHIS mapping file and period indicator report. Then map them with one another. Afterwards export it as a zip file. Then delete those object from the system and import them back as a multipart file and check if the objects are persisted properly. Here’s the function I wrote to achieve it.
After including this into the PR, I went on to design a simple wireframe to improve the export/import UIs. Here’s what I came up with.
For the next week, I’ll be trying to implement this UI and send a PR after getting the previous PR merged.
None of these would have been possible without the guidance and support of my late mentor Mr. Kaweesi Joseph. A humble soul who was always understanding, enthusiastic and ready to help. Rest easy sir. You’ll will be missed badly.